Shift Manufacturing Operative,
Shift System – Continental shifts 2 shift patterns (mornings, and Nights) 06:00 - 18:00 / 18:00 – 06:00 operational over 7 days
Full Time, Temp to Perm
Shift Manufacturing Operative
Hours: Shift System – Continental shifts 2 shift patterns (mornings, and Nights) 06:00 – 18:00 / 18:00 – 06:00 operational over 7 days
Responsible for assisting the running of an extrusion and print line, manufacturing plastics building products to acceptable and defined quality standards, output and scrap performance criteria.
Reporting to a Shift Supervisor, and part of a small team, efficiently helping to set and operate the line in accordance with operating procedures, setting conditions and manufacturing instructions and working within all operational requirements, ie Health & Safety.
- Assisting and running the manufacturing lines and packing the finished products on a rotating 2 shifts days and nights shift operation.
- Ensuring the line is efficiently changed including material blends, process condition setting and print changes.
- Performing quality inspection test to ensure the suitability of the finished product to defined and certified quality standards.
- Finished goods labelling, packing and preparation.
- Warehousing duties including storage of finished goods and supply of raw materials
- Work within the organisation’s Health and Safety guidelines to keep work area and equipment safe and clean.
- Ideally will have plastics processing experience and familiar with extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding.
- Printing experience (flexo) would also be a major advantage.
- Alternatively machine operation experience of manufacturing machinery ideally continuous manufacturing and/or some engineering experience.
- Would be willing to drive counterbalance and reach trucks.
- Need reliable (timekeeping), attention to detail, capable of working with minimal supervision to deadlines.
- Capable of getting through a high volume of work accurately.
- Need to be able work within a team and contribute to the bigger business in terms of suggestions and contribution to improving processes and systems.
- Full machine operation training and training on company systems will be given.
- Is willing to go the extra mile to ensure that work planned for the day is completed.
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Strongly self-motivated – showing a desire to get things done.
- Passionate and driven – being prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve objectives.
- Committed to excellence –providing the best and being driven by satisfaction.
- Team player: Understand the need to co-operate with team colleagues to get the job done in a timely manner.
- Ambitious – thriving on achievement and keen to develop.
- Flexible– adapting approach to suit the situation and business need.
- Communication – both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and accuracy – strives for 100% accuracy 100% of the time.
Rate of pay:
This position is temporary to permanent for the right candidate.
To apply for this role please send an update CV to email@example.com alternatively please call 01709 782341.
This is being advertised by essential recruitment an employment business.
Extrusion Operatives, Staveley
6-6 days / nights
To be discussed
Full Time, Temp to Perm
Industrial, Logistics & Warehousing, Manufacturing
Food Production Operative, Somercotes
4 on 4 off rotating on days (6am-6pm) and nights (6pm-6am)
£8.21 days - £8.66 Nights - £10.60 after 12 weeks. ( overtime rates also)
Industrial, Logistics & Warehousing