Shift Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer, Chesterfield
4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts / 5 leg rota with fixed holidays
Full Time, Permanent
Construction and Technical, Industrial, Logistics & Warehousing, Manufacturing
Shift Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
A position for a Shift Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer has become available in a long standing business within the Chesterfield area. They are looking for someone for someone to join the team and become integral within the company.
- Free onsite parking
- Great Salary
- Permanent Role
- 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Circa £38k
Hours of work:
- 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts, 5 leg rota with fixed holidays
- Ensures that all activities are performed in compliance with safety rules and in-line with group procedures.
- All tasks undertaken have a risk assessment or dynamic risk assessment.
- PTW and LOTO systems are followed with due care and attention.
- Hold the belief “Nothing we do is worth getting hurt for.”
- Assist site operations to maintain ISO14001 accreditation.
- Fault finding, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Machinery directive, safety, and machine controls
- Be able to interrogate PLC and DCS control systems
- Electrical and control systems equipment knowledge
- Planning and organisation
- Working knowledge of computerised systems is essential.
- Highly numerate.
- Observes all quality standards and always works to quality procedures
- Always takes proactive involvement in H&S (including but not limited to working to SOPs, wears PPE without reminders, conducts audits on times, actively participates with near miss procedures
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative to achieve objectives and taking accountability for work/actions undertaken.
- Able to work effectively with others as part of a team to achieve team objectives
- Actively contributes to a positive working environment
- Demonstrates readiness to accept challenges and applies continuous improvement methodology to their work.
- Ability to analyse problems and implement solutions that deal with the root cause
- Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Is able to work effectively in a changing work environment.
- Enthusiastic to improve electrical reliability on site.
- The ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, verbally and in writing, and at all levels within the Company, and with customers/suppliers
- Offers help, as well as sharing information and own expertise
- Communicates openly and honestly and with integrity.
- Time served apprentice trained (electrical) minimum of NVQ3 or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a heavy industrial or fast-moving consumer goods environment (FMCG)
- Understanding of basic mechanics & a demonstrated capability of carrying out mechanical tasks
- Familiarity with DCS &/or PLC systems for fault finding & routine testing
- Ability to carry out reactive & planned preventive maintenance
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the production process
To apply please either:
- Call Meg on 01246 278 000 between the hours of 8am – 5pm Mon-Fri
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for a call back from a consultant here
- Use the Quick Apply form on our website
- Click the apply button if you’re viewing this vacancy on Indeed
This vacancy is being advertised by Essential Recruitment (Employment Agency)
Enter your details in the form below and we will contact you to discuss further.
MHE Drivers, Holmewood
We are looking for MHE Drivers to join companies based in Holmewood. These positions will be temporary to permanent for the right candidates with full time hours. Companies will provide all necessary training and internal progression is available for the right candidates!
Various shifts available
Between £8.36 - £9.04 per hour
Full Time, Temp to Perm
FLT, Industrial, Logistics & Warehousing
Fabric Cutter, Ilkeston
Have you got fabric cutting experience? Looking for work in Ilkeston? Can you work a Twilight shift? If you’ve answered yes then we’ve got the job for you!! We are looking for a fabric cutter to be based in a cutting and sewing department. Our c…
Monday – Thursday 3.30pm – 1am (½ hour unpaid break)
£10.50ph + higher overtime rates / £11ph once permanent
Full Time, Monday to Friday, Nights, Temp to Perm
Industrial, Logistics & Warehousing, Manufacturing, Sewing
Wood Machinist, Ilkeston
Are you an experienced Upholsterer? Do you live locally to Ilkeston or can you get there for 7am? Can you start work immediately? If you answered YES – we need 7 experienced upholsterers now!
Monday to Thursday: 7am - 4pm / Friday: 7am - 12pm
Salary depending on experience / £11 per hour once perm
Day shift, Full Time, Monday to Friday, Ongoing, Temporary
Construction and Technical, Industrial, Manufacturing