Maintenance Engineer, Mansfield
Monday – Friday 06.00am – 14.30pm
£13 per hour - negotiable
Temp to Perm
Industrial, Logistics & Warehousing, Manufacturing
Due to a recent increase in demand we are seeking Maintenance Engineer to work for Glass manufacturer based in Mansfield.
The position is temporary to permanent after 12 weeks for the right candidates.
Immediate interviews available.
Responsible for ensuring that the facilities, layout and machinery used to produce new and existing products run to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical and electrical equipment. Managing people required to resolve issues and reporting of cost implications.
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work with a view to constantly develop the total preventative maintenance
- Diagnosing and where possible resolve breakdown/ maintenance issues
- Arranging procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Liaising with other engineering and production colleagues
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Liaise with relevant external contractors
- Responsible for the ongoing review and policing and implementation of the preventative maintenance programme including the daily/ weekly/ monthly check sheets
- Responsible for testing alarm systems (fire and security)
- Perform tank checks re water testing and identify remedial action
- Identify ways to improve how machines are run
- Liaise with Operations Manager regarding IBCs and Spray booth being emptied
- Log kept for each machine itemising servicing and repairs
- Ensure relevant external contractors are employed to facilitate the maintenance of each machine in the factory where our internal knowledge has been surpassed
- Assess whether it can be fixed internally or whether a contractor is required to come to site
- Request through Operations Manager the need for external contractors to come to site
- Troubleshoot breakdowns and fix where possible
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance log
- Liaise with Operations Manager with ordering parts for machines
- Develop a system for logging maintenance stock items in and out of stock
- Keep operators up to date with status of ongoing repairs
- Ensure stock of spare parts is maintained
- Installation of new equipment and dealing with external contractors
- Liaise with external contractors coming to site
£13 per hour, Pay rate negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Days: Monday – Friday 06.00am – 14.30pm.
The Next Step:
- If you think this is the job for you APPLY NOW at Mansfield@essentialrecruitment.co.uk
- Or you can call our team now on 01623 643777. They’ll be able to answer any queries you have and potentially get you booked on for an interview/ induction!
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest updates on new jobs roles, events and more.
This vacancy is being advertised by Essential Recruitment (a recruitment business).
General Operative, Doncaster
4 on 4 off, 6am-6pm
£9.23 an hour
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Full Time, Temp to Perm
Trainee Recruitment Consultant, Mansfield
8am - 5pm
Negotiable dependent on experience
Full Time, Permanent
HR and Recruitment, Industrial